September 20, 2012

#15 September has been hectic / Ruby and Liam at NZFW

Well, the last 20 days have been more than eventful. I have a helluvalot of catch up posts to write but I know if rush through all these scrambled memories I'll miss out the most vital details. But alas, I will try.

For those of you who follow my Tumblr diary, you probably will know of my inability to blog during NZFW. Being without a laptop during the most blog-worthy week of the year is somewhat inconvenient. I would have liked to have been updating at the same pace as every other media delegate / fashion lurk.

Stepping through the doors into the Viaduct Events Centre, the official venue of NZFW 2012, I immediately felt a little giddy. Either because A. I was surrounded by TV faces and extremely well dressed fashion week attendees or B. I am somewhat inexperienced with navigating revolving doors. Or a combination of both.

First show of the week was the cute and quirky collection of Ruby and Liam. The room was buzzing with anticipation for the start of the show - Seats began filling, and 50 odd photographers were set up and ready to shoot.

Heading into this all I really didn't know what to expect of the week, and once establishing myself amongst the other photographers in the pit I was feeling a little overwhelmed - looking at all these other (much more expensive) pieces of glass staring down the runway. Yep, as expected, this was much bigger than Wellington Fashion Week. This being said I admit I do like being thrown in the deep end. The pressure means you can learn and adapt to a new situation quicker than ever.

Not long after the initial shock had worn off, Miro (NZFWs seating manager and Nigel Barker look-alike) gave his signature hand signal to dim the lights, and it was all go.




All metallic everything! Skirt, dresses, and shoes.




The candy coloured pastels seen throughout this collection were delightful, especially in this fluffy angora jumper and fur (faux) pieces. Don't the models look cosy.



One thing I noticed throughout the week was the amount of wonderful pairs of tailored pants, worn both on the runway and on guests. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair or two seen in Ruby and Liam (I can dream).

All images taken by Izzie Austin (me)


1 comment:

  1. Nice post.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete